Tonasket Chamber of Commerce Meeting Minutes
Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 12:01pm by Vice President Aaron Kester, followed by flag salute
March 14, 2017 minutes to be approved with April minutes in the May meeting.
Tonasket FFA State Qualifiers Hunter Swanson, Samantha Whitney, and Olivia Sutton made presentation to community group as state requirements. The presentation concerned The Use of Antibiotics in Animals and Humans.
Treasurer’s Report will now be given on a quarterly basis. Next report will be provided in the June meeting.
64 current members for 2017
RV Park open as of April 6th. No need to bury water lines, they are already deep enough. Need to insulate around building to ensure water doesn’t freeze. Camp hosts will be back to oversee park sometime in the later part of April. Terry Kuhlman has been starting with spring cleanup through his business.
· Fire Dept cleaning sidewalks late April/early May. Flowers and pots have been ordered and should be here by the end of April. Will need to get a group together to put out pots and flowers.
· The Kuhler and The Eagles are sponsoring the street dance. Aaron working on getting a sign and stage area set up. Music will start with the Space Blues Band for about an hour and then be open to the public. Need to get a flier going to solicit performers. Space Blues Bad goes from noon to 1pm followed by open stage.
· Katy from the Chronicle discussed a photo contest for advertising/promotion. Photos can be entered but Chamber would own the photos.
· Mikaela in the process of updating email addresses to ensure effective communication.
· North Country Car Club cruise in at OK Chevy. All specialty cars welcome.
· Founders weekend kickoff party at OK Chevy Thurs June 1 from 3-7. Burgers for $4. Add chips & pop $1 more.
· CCC having 3rd Annual Art Gala, Dinner, and Auction April 22nd.
· Farmers market will be meeting toward the end of the month to get going in May. Exact date TBD.
· Lion’s Club looking for an area to put in a horseshoe pit. Want to avoid areas with high levels of children playing.