December 12, 2017
Tonasket Chamber of Commerce Meeting Minutes
Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 12:05 pm President Marylou Kriner, followed by flag salute
November 14, 2017 minutes read and approved as adjusted from Heather Perry to Heather Kirkaldy.
Chamber – Starting Balance $4,074.16. Expenses $976.80. Income $0. Ending Balance $
RV Park – Starting Balance $5,930.66. Expenses $2759.60. Income $6,532.95. Ending Balance $
66 current members for 2017 – 21 new paid members for 2018
· Vassar Electric is done revamping electric. State will inspect on Dec 13. Looking to open April 1. After inspection clean up and visual improvements will begin.
· Winterfest was a success. Good showing Friday night. Many organizations represented and helping. Raised about $200 to donate gifts to the school.
· Board Nominations to fill Kris Duchow and Steve McCullough’s open board positions. The new board members are Lee Orr and Heather Kirkaldy.
· Banquet date is Thursday Jan 25th. Theme is Wild Wild West. It will be at the CCC. Next meeting is Wednesday Dec 20 at 6:30 at Marylou’s house.
· Marylou opened the floor for how we can create benefits for businesses and the community.
o Questions about a year-round shopping local campaign
o Brochure to give to new people in the community for businesses and organizations
o Giveaway for people who post pictures on Facebook of shopping locally
o Business of the month to re-introduce businesses to the community
o Christmas Tree Gala participation at 12 Tribes next year
o Advertise that the Chamber meetings are open to the public
· Big thanks to everyone for a great 2017!
· North Valley Hospital is offering free CNA classes. Apply at the hospital or online. First Hospital in the state to offer this course partially online.