Meeting called to order at 12:01 pm President Marylou Kriner, followed by flag salute
January 9, 2018 minutes read and approved.
Treasurer’s report will be provided at the April 2018 meeting
55 Current members for 2018
Tonasket FBLA – Nichole Juarez sent a letter asking for sponsorship in an award. $110 was approved.
· First meeting will be in March
· Will opens of April. Will have a work party in March and looking for volunteers.
· Banquet was a success. A lot of positive feedback
o 82 total tickets sold, down 7 from last year
o Live and Silent auction brought in $3,600
· Discussion of how to promote businesses in the community
· Founder’s Day Weekend – need ideas for activities
o Move events to the Rodeo grounds
§ Have a band, serve lunch, have vendors
o New owners at Hickmans wants to sponsor a Soap Box Derby
§ Will explore the logistics with the city
o Will provide flags for vehicles in the parade with their names on it and a wagon image on the background. The flags will be given to the people and the vehicle magnets will be given back.
· Need to get the lights at the Visitor’s center down by the end of January
· Feb 24-25 is the WA Pilot Assn. Aviation Conference. Lee will be at a booth again.
· Wrestlers going on the State and Girls Basketball is still playing in districts
· Today is election day. Please be sure to vote!
· Discussion around the International Student Exchange Program
· The Drowsy Chaperone by the OVOC will be May 4-6 and 11-13 at the PAC.
· WorkSource representative discussed opportunities for business and job seekers around the county. May be working with the TVBRC, or other community groups, to understand needs of the community and potentially provide training and resources to job seekers. Really need understanding for how to promote. Looking to get things going sometime in March.