January 9, 2018
Tonasket Chamber of Commerce Meeting Minutes
Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 12:03 pm President Marylou Kriner, followed by flag salute
December 12, 2017 minutes read and approved.
Treasurer’s report will be provided at the April 2018 meeting
49 Current members for 2018
Tonasket School District – Clint Duchow discussed the state of the school district and the upcoming levy.
Wells Fargo Bank – Wells Fargo At Work – benefits for employee’s financial health and education at no cost to the company. Also provides programs for schools to provide financial and business education.
· Passed state inspection. Closed until April 2018
· Banquet date is Thursday Jan 25th. Theme is Wild Wild West.
o Fliers have been distributed
o Auction items are being collected
· Discussion of how to promote businesses in the community
o Pick one business a month and promote the business with summary of events and news specific to the business. May incorporate promotions.
o Need to be sure the Chronicle is aware of changes in businesses to promote new ownership.
o Every month a member will be drawn to be the business of the month.
o Want to continue to discuss ideas to promote businesses
· Potential to have a community Graduation party
· Need to get the lights at the Visitor’s center down by the end of January
· Feb 24-25 is the WA Pilot Assn. Aviation Conference. Lee will be at a booth again. Looking for fliers or brochures to hand out
· Salvation Army kettle raised $784.59 to be used locally.
· Okanogan Valley Orchestra & Chorus concert Feb 10th 3pm at Omak PAC.