June 15, 2017
Tonasket Chamber of Commerce Meeting Minutes
Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 12:06pm President Marylou Kriner, followed by flag salute
May 9, 2017 minutes read and approved.
Chamber of Commerce for 2nd Quarter, 2017: Q2 report will in July
RV Park 2nd Quarter, 2017: Q2 report will in July
66 current members for 2017
Marylou Kriner – announced she is running for Hospital Board and announced her platform
Clint Duchow – announced he is running for School Board and announced his platform
· Opened Mid-May. Hosted art from school district through Founders Day. Currently setting up for adult art displays. Encourage artists selling art to contact for display.
· Doug London and James Moore are new board members, and Marilee will be serving as treasurer.
· Replaced garbage cans and in the process of replacing signs around town. Will be painting building in July.
· Received a few comments. Consistently issues with noise from 97. Marylou donated $150 to make sure the doors can open and the issues in the office are fixed. Also working on signage to explain dump
· Flower pots placed around town. Big thanks to Kathy Moore for helping to plant and Josh Kuhlman and Michelle Silverthorn for delivering
· Street Bands/Dance – poor attendance but great feedback. Supported Eagles and Kuhler with attendance. Made enough money to sponsor bands at the Garlic Festival
· Founders Day – some concern with people standing in street during parade. May look to get police involved with helping keep people on the sidewalk. Want to explore speakers/different sound system to get further coverage. Need to get banners for key people in the parade, like Citizen of the Year, Grand Marshall, etc.
· Vendors – 12 vendors. All felt successful with sales
· Need to fill the board position vacated by Lance. Kris Duchow has been elected to fill that role.
· Half of the billboard by the Split End is available on each side. Potential to do something welcoming people heading south and thanking people for coming when heading north. Only cost would be the sign, about $500. Could involve sponsors as well.
· Garlic Festival – Aaron can do Stage. Cindy will handle vendors. Date will be Aug 25th and 26th. Committee will meet June 15, 7pm at the Kuhler to discuss specifics.
· Father’s Day Fly-In June 17-18. Dinner the 17th and Breakfast the 18th. Free rides for kids
· Truck and Tractor Pulls – July 22nd – Rodeo Grounds
· Lions Club yard sale – June 23rd and 24th – Hope Lutheran parking lot. 9am -4pm – 486-1577 for more info
· Police Dept fundraiser for K-9 – June 24th – Tonasket Rodeo Grounds. BBQ from 12-2 $5 for meal. 2-5:30 obstacle course, paintball, various events. 5:30-6 K-9 demonstration. 6-8 Carne Asada Dinner. 8-11 Music. T-Shirts for sale for $20.
· Co-op anniversary party – June 24th and 25th