Tonasket Chamber of Commerce Meeting Minutes
Call to Order Meeting called to order at 12:01pm by President Marylou Kriner, followed by flag salute Minutes February 14, 2017 minutes were read and approved Guest Speaker Select FBLA Students who have made it to State. Discussed the club and the upcoming State competition. Asked for sponsorship for 2 kids at $160 each, to total $320. A total of 10 kids will be attending the State competition. Treasurer’s Report Chamber of Commerce balance as of February 28, 2017: $7214.27. Report accepted Current RV Park Balance as of February 28, 2017: $3,840.48. Report accepted Membership 61 current members for 2017 TVBRC None RV Park Working on bids to fix water first and then fix the building. Will eventually have Chamber office in building. Will also be re-configuring the layout, eliminating 2 spots to allow for larger RVs and update electrical accordingly. Cannot let anyone in the park until the water is fixed. Old Business
- Lee Orr reported on Northwest Aviation Conference. Represented 7 airports and tourism in OK County. Gave away over 1,100 apples to visitors at the booth that had been donated by the Chamber.
- Vendor forms and Parade entry forms have been created and are being distributed
- Funding was approved by board to clean up town, to include cleaning sidewalks and adding flower pots to local businesses. Anticipating $6,000. Hoping for half from TAB but must spend the money first. Put everything in place in April for Founder’s Day. May be able to get a donation from Tom Fancher for soil
- Notes on budget – Income Budget $25,600. Expenses $21,336
- hoping for $13,000 from RV park
- Money normally given to Visitor’s Center will now be spent directly on local businesses.
- Around $4,000 for advertising
- Remaining balance on normal operating expenses, i.e. insurance, phones, etc.
- Mikaela showed the new website and social media presence. They are AWESOME
- Need to note that the What’s Up Okanogan calendar is community wide and is separate from the CCC
- Brochures for the upcoming events at the CCC were distributed
- Plaque will be presented to the Wrestlers for winning State at March 21 assembly
- Recommendation was made to have representation on Visitor’s Center board and reengage in working together.
Meeting Adjourned 1:03 pm