November 14, 2017
Tonasket Chamber of Commerce Meeting Minutes
Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 12:03 pm President Marylou Kriner, followed by flag salute
October 10, 2017 minutes read and approved.
Treasurer’s report for Q3 will be in December
77 current members for 2017 – 11 new paid members for 2018
Cancelled for this month.
· Will remain closed until the updated power set up passes inspection.
· Membership drive is in progress.
· Trick or treating was a success this year.
· Info book will include all members who have their dues paid by the end of November.
· Winterfest meeting 6 on 11/17 at the Kuhler. Vendor forms at the Split End. Parade entry forms out soon.
· Current positions open: 1 board member and Corresponding Secretary (Mikaela resigned).
· Nominations for board position:
o Heather Perry – nominated by Marylou Kriner
o Casey Oberg – nominated by Aaron Kester
o Ed Lawrence – volunteer
· Nominations for Corresponding Secretary
o Kristeen Duchow – nominated by Marylou Kriner
o Tracy Vance – volunteer
· Discussion around different Chamber meeting times to get more involvement
· NCW Workforce applying for grant to develop rural areas.
· Oroville Chamber guest speaker Dec 14th at the Hideaway to discuss apprenticeships
· Discussion about rural communities and the efficacy/role of the Chamber in small towns.