October 10, 2017
Tonasket Chamber of Commerce Meeting Minutes
Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 12: pm President Marylou Kriner, followed by flag salute
September 12, 2017 minutes read and approved.
Treasurer’s report for Q3 will be in December
66 current members for 2017
Mikaela Marion discussing the Okanogan Economic Alliance and Career Connected Learning meetings. Next month we will have a speaker from the Career Connected Learning group to discuss opportunities in our area.
· Will close down Nov 1 for updates to power, water, and stall size.
· Membership drive starting in October. Marylou requesting at least one additional board member to help
· Trick or Treat flyers have been made. Need help putting them out and signing up businesses
· Winterfest and Banquet committees need to be formed. Signup sheets for each are available.
· Chamber positions will be voted on in December. Will discuss positions in November.
· Board meetings will be once a month at US Bank. Will be the last Monday of every month at 8am at US Bank.
· The banquet is Jan 25
· Winterfest is Friday December 1 and Saturday December 2. Friday night band at Kuhler starting at 9. Cover charge is canned food or gift to be delivered to school. Saturday will have parade around 6, chili cook-off, fire truck rides, etc. similar to past years. Details will be decided in committee.
· Banquet theme needs to be decided. Potential to go with a 70s/Disco theme. Will be voted on in November.
· Hospital Board Candidate forum is October 11th at 6pm in the Tonasket High School commons.
· Lions club Howl-o-ween dog walk. Sat Oct 28 starting at 11. Entry fee by donation to support Leader Dog and Local Animal Rescues. Hot dogs and hot apple cider after at Chief Tonasket Park.
· Homecoming parade is Friday at 1:15.
· American Legion Auxiliary is pushing for new members. Meetings are the Third Saturday at 1pm at the Eagles.
· CCC yard sale Thursday-Saturday from 9-4. Donations are being accepted today and tomorrow.
· CCC annual auction is Oct 28. Dinner and silent auction at 5:30. Live auction at 7.
· Steve discussed upcoming changes to the levy structure driven from the State legislature.