September 12, 2017
Tonasket Chamber of Commerce Meeting Minutes
Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 12:011 pm President Marylou Kriner, followed by flag salute
July 11, 2017 minutes read and approved. August 2017 meeting was cancelled.
Chamber of Commerce for 2nd Quarter, 2017: Ending balance $2,821.23 ($1,150.33 after band payment expenses)
RV Park 2nd Quarter, 2017: Ending balance $7358.84
66 current members for 2017
· Started building the fence. Dug 31 holes. Looking to have it completed by Sep 24th. Also fixed the pipes for watering.
· Getting bids to reduce the overall number of spots to 6. With this and removal of 1 tree each spot should have its own picnic table.
· Working on the signs for the billboard on the north end of town. Creation and installation will cost $705.46. Marylou to approach city about possible partnership on the signs. Motion approved to move forward with signs
· Superior Auto BBQ and Pool opening were both successful. Thanks to everyone who helped.
· Mikaela will be working to get guest speakers starting in October.
· Need to start thinking about Winterfest, Banquet, Membership Drive and other Winter/Spring activities
· Opportunity to move positions on Chamber Board in December. Determine who wants to stay on the board, who wants to move into new positions, and who wants to step down. Will continue discussions in October and November, and hold elections in December
· Group of Chamber members organizing a haunted house and asking the fire department if they would like to be involved.
· Need to continue to think about what the Chamber can do to bring people into town.
· Hospital Board candidate debate on October 11th at 6pm in the Tonasket High School commons
· Conconully Stew and Brew Sep 30th from 1-4pm. $15 per person. Conconully community hall.
· Raffle tickets available for when the tree falls in the lake. $3 per ticket. Available through Conconully Chamber